Nov 5, 2013

Spicy Thai Sequel



I was back to Spicy Thai again.  This time I brought my girls along too. I couldn't wait to try the new dishes and also my personal favourites I would love to indulge again.


When the owner asked me "try the fish head curry?" I was awed. I never heard of it before. My first look at it, it did look similar to the typical curry fish head. Upon tasting it, it was rather different. It had a taste of tomyum but with a thicker texture. They had an abundant of vegetables such as brinjal, cabbages in it. For friends who are lactose intolerant, this may be a good alternative. 


Cha-Om omelette. Cha-Om or acacia leave is commonly eaten by Thais, Cambodians and Laotians. Tasted especially delicious with eggs. It had a bit of herby, refreshing taste. The combo was heavenly.


The meat balls are blended with onions, basil. The meaty taste was masked by the herbs. With raw leafy vegetables accompanied, the calories for this dish was instantly cut.


For the little ones who always hate veggies, this is one dish you should never miss. Fried kangkong in aka tempura style. Very crispy, did not feel very oily. 


My little one who has always hated greens, couldn't help but kept munching on the chip chip (as what she term it). She simply loved it! 




We had the carbs too. The Crab Fried Rice and Seafood Hor Fun. The fried rice gave me a homely taste, really heartwarming. The hor fun was very smooth with enough gravy and not starchy. My girls loved them all and had more than two bowls each.


With my all-time favorite Mango Sticky Rice dessert. Aroi Mak!

No comments:

Post a Comment